9/13/07

Free Will and a Pair of Over-Priced Shoes

Bobby Brown, unbeknownst to most, is one of the great minds of our time. I have hinted to his profound influence on me before, but I'm not sure if I fully articulated his influence on my life. In his classic work, My Prerogative, he demonstrates the paramount importance of free will in humanity's quest for enlightenment. Unlike some, who believe that our destiny is predetermined, Brown argues that no, "I will do what I want to do."

Under Brown's tutelage I feel it is in the interest of humanity that I change my mind yet again. Even if I earlier said otherwise, it's my prerogative and I will do what I want to do. I will not post any pictures of me in my wedding dress until after the wedding. I know I said I would post about the dress but I just don't want to take the chance that mrp stumbles upon it. Actually, you might think it's kind of strange, but mrp doesn't really read my blogs. Every once in a while he'll sneak a peak, though, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Plus, I want to keep it a secret.

But, getting back to that earlier post. I'll have you know I surprised myself and chose the J Crew knotted d'orsay pumps. They looked kind of yellow, but they are actually the exact same color as the lining of my dress and compliment the lace overlay very well. And they're $50 cheaper than the other shoes I was leaning toward, so yeah!

No comments: